If you are on the fence about moving to Newnan, these joys of owning a home in the historic city may just change your mind… and they only scratch the surface.
1. It is close to Atlanta. At just around 38 miles from the state capital, many Newnan residents commute into Atlanta each day for work or visit on the weekends for endless fun. Interstate 85 runs straight from Newnan to Atlanta, making it a quick and easy drive.
2. It is beautiful. Newnan was known as a “hospital city” during the Civil War, so Union troops mostly left it alone. For this reason, dozens of historic homes and landscaping from before that era still remain intact today. Walking tours are available.
3. It is quaint. Those who love small-town living with modern conveniences just around the corner love to live in Newnan. The Historic Downtown area is home to dozens of independent shops, restaurants, and other businesses. Its beautiful streets are perfect for an afternoon stroll.
4. Shopping is plentiful. In addition to the independent stores located in the historic part of town, Newnan offers shopping at all of your favorite retail outlets like Kohl’s, Home Depot, Ross, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Dillard’s, and Barnes & Noble.
5. Healthcare is plentiful. Piedmont Newnan opened a new state-of-the-art hospital in 2012, and the Cancer Treatment Centers of America has its Southeastern Regional Medical Center there. Of course, other top medical facilities like Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta are less than an hour away.
6. It is affordable. The cost of living in Newnan is a little less than the national average. With that in mind, the median household income and median home value is actually higher than the rest of the state of Georgia.
7. There are many things to do. Parks, shopping, dining out, movies, plays, golf, historic places — there are hundreds of things to do in Newnan on a Saturday afternoon. Once you exhaust those options, you can head to Atlanta to check out some of the most famous tourist attractions in the country.
8. The people are friendly. Southern hospitality is definitely abundant in Newnan. From the server at your restaurant to your next-door neighbor, most people greet with you a smile no matter where you go.
Want to see what life in Newnan is like for yourself? Contact Coweta Hills Community at 770-252-5611.